Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Process
We have chosen to publicly share our diversity and inclusion process in order to hold ourselves accountable to continued growth. We know that meaningful work toward equity and inclusion cannot be completed in a single event and that it will take many intentional steps before we reach our goals completely.
- February 2021: We focused our social media efforts on highlighting significant historical civil rights events and achievements to celebrate Black History Month.
- January 12, 2021: Our CEO participated in the Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) DE&I Advisory Council Meeting
- December 1, 2020: Our CEO participated in a panel of CPAs to discuss barriers to the profession for minority students in accounting and brainstorm how to address those barriers. The panel was organized through the VSCPA.
- November 4 & 5, 2020: Our Human Resources Administrator attended training for the SHRM Inclusive Workplace Culture Specialty Credential.
- October 21 and 29, 2020: Firm-wide unconscious bias workshop with Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities.
- September 22, 2020: Our CEO was appointed to the inaugural Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) Council to Address Diversity, Equity, Inclusion.
- June 5, 2020: During the Firm’s weekly check in, our CEO addressed the Hantzmon Wiebel team about our need to participate in a culture that is inclusive and introduced the CEO Action Pledge and upcoming trainings. Team members were also encouraged to take the Harvard Implicit Association Test as a means to begin self-reflection.
- Our CEO participated in authoring the VSCPA’s Statement on Racial Injustice. Published on June 5, 2020
- March 3, 2020: Our CEO signed the CEO Action Pledge.
- February 2020: The CEO Action pledge was presented to the entire leadership team at a management meeting.
- January 2020: The Firm’s Executive Committee approved our CEO to join CEO Action, sign the pledge, and begin implementation at the Firm.
- Throughout 2019: Our CEO participated in Diversity and Inclusion training as a member of the VSCPA Board.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts are led by our Team Engagement and Development Initiative Team.