Helene Downs joined Hantzmon Wiebel in 2001 and was named a partner in 2014. Her particular areas of expertise include individual tax planning and preparation; estate planning; and estate and trust taxation. Helene enjoys working with individuals and families, assisting them in estate planning and the estate administration process. You can count on Helene to build long-term relationships with her clients, allowing families to comfortably rely on the firm’s expertise.
Helene is an avid gardener and a budding golfer. She enjoys spending time outdoors, especially with her family. Covid-19 has her dreaming up ways to work remotely from her garden.
AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICE:
- Individual Taxation
- Trusts and Estates Planning and Compliance
- High Net Worth
- Trusts and Estates
- A.B., Princeton University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Central Virginia Estate Planning Council
- 2012 Virginia Business “Super CPA”*
PERSONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Village School, Treasurer
- Charlottesville Area Community Foundation, Board of Governors
- Central Virginia Estate Planning Council, Treasurer
*Virginia Business Magazine ended the Super CPA Program after 2013.